Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quote Of The Week- "Insides, not Out"

By:  Alyssa Neal


  It's your second week of, "Quote Of The Week!" ~Welcome back!~ I really love doing the "Quote Of The Week"! I am going to start adding pictures to the endings of my quote of the week as well, just for a visual. When I am looking for inspiring quotes, it inspires me as I read them, and makes me feel like I am helping all of our readers that choose to read our blogs. It gives me a feel of meaning and passion, and joy while I write up, "Quote Of The Week" blogs. Anyway, this week, I focused my quote choice on "Insides not out." That may sound confusing right now, but once you read this blog, it will make much more sense! So, please continue reading!
~"Art doesn't have to be pretty. It has to be meaningful." Duane Hanson~
This quote, in my opinion, is sending out a simple but strong message throughout all people. This quote, in my definition, basically is saying it's what's on the insides that count, not the outsides. It is just like the quote, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." {Cover: The outside.} {Pages: The insides.} All that matters is the personality and warm-heart. So, anyways, referring back to the quote, this ties in with the quote I have chosen. When, you are doing art you need to focus on what the moral of your drawing, or painting is. I mean, if it has a good meaning and moral it will always look perfect from the outside! So, art does not have to look pretty, it needs a moral. When you hear the word art, this is probably what you think: {It needs to look perfect. Perfect is best. Neatness gives a better grade.} But this is what you need to think: {Moral is meaning. What does this mean?} Art is meant to express, and if your art (which can also be a metaphor for your life) has a moral and you can explain the meaning it is already perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment