Thursday, November 1, 2012

3..2..1 ACTION!


 
By: Dasia Burr

     On Friday, September 14, second graders went on a field trip to Hawaii Theater for Youth and saw a play called “The Five Chinese Brothers."  I interviewed one of the students named Vera Brewer in Mrs. Yoshikawa’s class, and I interviewed Mrs. Yoshikawa. I had fun interviewing them. I interviewed Vera Brewer first.

          Q: Where did you go?

          A: Tenny Theater

          Q: What kinds of different facts did you guys learn about?

          A:  “I learned that if you think you can do it, you can actually do it.”    

          Q: What was your favorite part?

          A: When the first brother was looking inside the fire dragon’s stomach.

          Q:  Was it a fun field trip?

          A: “Yes, because it made me and my friends laugh.”

          Wow! It was really fun interviewing Vera! I was so curious of what she was going to say. Then I interviewed Mrs. Yoshikawa.

          Q: Were you excited to go to your first field trip with your new students?

          A: “It was so relaxing, the play had plenty of colorful costumes, and I like how they called different students up to the stage, it made them pay more attention.”

          Q: Did the act entertain you?

          A: "It was hilarious to watch and learn."

          Q: Did you and your students have a good time together?

          A: "I had fun because all of them behaved, and weren’t walking around or fooling around. I also had fun because I got to learn more about them on the bus."

        I also had fun listening to her answers to my questions. So I’m so glad that both students and teachers had fun at the Hawaii Theater For Youth.

The 1st graders also viewed this play.  Here is Sienna Lopez, 1st grader in Miss Firestone's class, chosen from the audience to be one of the 5 Chinese brothers who has the super power to be fire proof!
         


 

No comments:

Post a Comment