Thursday, January 10, 2013

Go Green Tips: Belated Christmas Presents



By: Christine Toorinjian

                    Ho, ho, ho! MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS!!!!! Now guys, I know that Christmas has passed, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't stop giving presents! I mean, of course I'll take them! No? Well here's a person that I think would LOVE a Christmas present right now, belated ot not! Here she is: MOTHER NATURE! You know why we should give her some presents? Well, we take and take and take away from her over the years and it really builds up if you take the time to see what you've done. Examples of these takings would be land, in which she had originally created for us to enjoy and NOT to destroy. Trees in which we use for many things like paper, building, etc. when they should really be used for scenery and oxygen. So how about you become Santa Claus without the beard this year and give to Mother Nature! Here's my present to you to get you started!

                    So here are the little gifts of joy I have given you to give to our special reciever, Mother Nature. You can thank me later:

                    #1: Get some CFL's to light up your world! Sorry about this EXTREMELY late update, but our school WAS trading in old incandescent light bulbs, (regular ones that usually represent the time of getting an idea in cartoons), and giving you guys CFL's. Because some of you weren't able to get your light bulbs, I guess I'll reward you with a fact! CFL's stand for compact fluorescent lights. If you already knew that, then I just reinforced your knowledge!

                    #2: When doing laundry, an alien thing that I've never done before, dry only full loads in the dryer thing, and then hang smaller loads onto a clothes line. You won't only be saving electricity, but giving fashion advice for the neighbors!

                    #3: Don't preheat your oven! If your baking, I can see why though...

                    THOSE are my presents form me to you, to Mother Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment