Friday, August 31, 2012

Comedian, Not Chameleon, Frank Delima!!


 
There's always an air of excitment and nervousness in the beginning of the school year, but it's just excitement on the day Frank Delima welcomes students to school.  As a teacher, I still look forward to his visits, and I'm always hopeful he'll sing his "Buta Hunt" or "Peanut Butter Jelly" songs. We didn't hear them in the upper grades assembly, but we did get to hear his Zippy's menu song to the tune of Beethoven's  5th.  Which made everyone a little hungry.  Especially my one student who announced prior to the assebly starting, that he was hungry because he woke up too late to eat breakfast that morning. 
He spoke to everyone about the importance of working hard, listening, remaining healthy, being balanced, and respecting others.  A lot of important messages packed into a short amount of time, but very powerful because students need to hear it from others besides their parents and teachers.  It truely takes a village to raise a child, and I'm always excited to have community members sharing words of wisdom with us!  Thank you Frank Delima!   
 

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you put one of my students was hungry when he sang his song and i loved it and all these years i have been in this school i only hear that song now and it was really funny that i was laughing so hard i couldn't stop laughing because it was so funny.so thank you for putting laughter back in my heart and bringing me back to that funny moment.from jordan aragon.

    ReplyDelete